Saturday, November 25, 2017

New Dreams Old Visions

I’m reading a book called Start by Jon Acuff. I’m learning again how to narrow my focus and follow my dreams. What is most important? If you were in an airplane about to crash, what would you most regret not doing with your life?  And how much time are you spending on those things now?  There are some things I can’t change. Regrets. But should I let that keep me from all the things I still could accomplish?

It’s a new old way of looking at things. It’s a way to really uncover the honesty of the heart. Can I go back and re-raise my kids? Oh, how I wish I could. Could I undo all the destructive choices that stole my life from me? Wouldn’t that be awesome? But the truth is regrets only keep on stealing whatever is left after the mayhem of wrong choices. I am so good at speaking a message of redemption to others but somehow want to exclude myself. No more!  I have to lead by example if I really want to make an impact.

If you want your life to be more than average; if you want your life to be awesome, not just for yourself, but for those around you, Start.

No comments:

Post a Comment